These are teeny tiny little people who I keep captive in my blog

Monday, February 22, 2010

At our house

I'm playing along with Buttons By Lou Lou. This week has seen me baking bread for the first time. I love the smell of hot bread and a big fat slice with heaps of butter and homemade boysenberry jam is even better.

The yeast doing it's thing, like magic.

I get to use my thrifted sifter (try saying that ten times in a row with your mouth full of marshmellows)

Here she is, my bum loaf baby in the oven ready to cook after lots of kneading and two risings.

mmmmmm can you smell that warm bread aroma?

first slice is for the cook, the yummy crunchy crust laden with artery clogging butter (I'm a risk taker) and Pa's Boysenberry Jam purchased at the local farmers market.

Bon Appetit

6 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Aahh devine baking and yes I can smell that warming aroma of freshly baked bread. Just beautiful.

Lou said...

You are making me drool! What a perfect loaf for your first one.

Melanie said...

I am so jealous. Our breadmaker blew up and I am to lazy to do it by hand so no yummy homemade bread for us:( it looks delicious!!

Megan Blandford said...

I don't even like bread but that's making me hungry! Boysenberry jam is a great idea - I get so stuck on raspberry and blackberry; I might try a new one soon - thanks for the inspiration!

Kate said...

I've been so slack in the bread making department lately but this post has given me the kick up the bum I needed. Thanks.

Melinda @ Here We Go Loopy Lou said...

Looks sooo good!!!